- Enrollment in Orangeville Christian School is open to children of parents and/or guardians who seek to supplement their consistent efforts in bringing up their children for the Lord with their child’s attendance at OCS.
- All applications shall be subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
- A student must be four (4) years old in the year in which she or he begins Junior Kindergarten.
- Enrollment in OCS is subject to the procedures and conditions specified herein.
- Interested families will be offered an information package, the opportunity to meet with the Principal and/or a school tour.
- Potential students are encouraged to spend a day (or part of a day) in their grade appropriate classrooms.
- The following are received from the family:
-Completed application form (can be found at the bottom of this page)
-Deposit of 1st month’s tuition
-Signed statement of support
-Copies of student’s last 3 report cards (if available)
- The Principal meets with the prospective family to ensure that parents are made aware of the Christian purpose of OCS and the commitments required by the school using a checklist.
- Following receipt of the above documents and/or the interview, the Principal may request that the student undergo testing (in-house or by a professional) to determine whether a suitable program can be provided.
- A recommendation for enrollment is made by the Principal to the Board.
- When accepted, the Office Manager notifies the family and the student is enrolled at OCS.
Admissions Process at OCS:
- A tuition fee payment schedule is put in place by the middle of August before enrolling the following September.
- The Board will determine final acceptance. Grade placement of the student will be determined by the Principal in consultation with the Resource teacher, homeroom teacher, and possibly another professional.
- It is understood that parents are in agreement with the policies of the school as stated in the “Statement of Parental Support.”
- No student will be denied admission due to race, colour, national origin or Christian denomination.
- Parents must support the “Principle Educational Guidelines” Section XII as part of the General Operating By-Law.
Part-time: Both JK and SK children are eligible for this program. JK aged students meet for full days on Mondays, Wednesdays and alternate Fridays (if desired). SK aged students meet for full days on Tuesdays, Thursdays and alternate Fridays.
Full-time: Both JK and SK children are eligible for full time schooling.
- Visit to the school and a meeting with the Principal.
- Satisfactorily completed application forms and information forms with 1st month’s tuition
- A satisfactory interview
- Transcript records from last school attended and a copy of a current report card.
- Students may be tested to determine grade placement as well as specific needs.
- Up-to-date certificate of immunization.
- Students entering Junior Kindergarten (JK) must be four (4) years of age by December 31 of that year.
- Students entering Senior Kindergarten (SK) must be five (5) years of age by December 31 of that year.
- Satisfactory academic work and conduct.
- Satisfactory parent cooperation and support.
Please call us for information on tuition rates. We are pleased to offer a rate that is still lower than many other Christian Schools in the GTA.