God’s faithfulness to our school community continues to inform, inspire, and delight our hearts and minds. The Board of Directors, school administration, teachers, support staff, students and parents are continually amazed by God’s providential care of Orangeville Christian School (OCS) through the faithful partnership of our support community, not only over the past eight months, but over the last 40 years.
The arrival of the COVID-19 pandemic did not stop the work at OCS, and it did not change our mission to nurture children through a quality, Christ-centred education.
God’s Faithfulness Displayed
God’s providential care is clearly displayed in the following events:
- Our parents, teachers and students were involved in “at home learning” during the mandatory school closure period (March 12-June 19). Our teachers skillfully navigated the steep learning curve that accompanied this transition, and with our parents as partners, our combined efforts proved to be successful. The success of our efforts was confirmed as our fall testing results are all in the same range or above what they have been over the past three years.
- The OCS Safe Re-Opening Plan, outlining the details of our commitment to providing our students with an in-class, everyday education with maximum class sizes of 16, was shared with our school community on July 2. Our plan required a creative use of our school facilities and included the use of our two new portables, the gymnasium and every other space available.
- We welcomed 84 families (including 25 new families) and 152 students (including 36 new students) to Orangeville Christian School. In addition to our new families and students, we have a list of families and students who are waiting to join us once our maximum class sizes increase.
- Our record-breaking student population will require a strategic and visionary plan for the future. More details about the road ahead will be coming in 2021.
God’s Financial Blessings
God’s providential care is also clearly displayed in the financial updates below:
- Tuition revenue for the 2020-2021 School Year is at an all-time high.
- The staffing load required to maintain our small class sizes is also at an all-time high.
- This difference has resulted in a strain on our budget, and we greatly value your prayers and financial contributions to close the gap.
A Vision Worthy of Your Support
The OCS Annual Fund Drive is your opportunity to make a difference, to accomplish something great, and to leave a legacy. Your donation is an investment in the training of the next generation of Christian leaders; leaders who will walk into the future armed with character, wisdom, and a Christian worldview.
That is a vision worth celebrating, but one that we cannot accomplish alone. We need our donors! Will you partner with us in our mission? We invite you to join us in this work.
Advancing God’s Kingdom
Our school theme this year is “Your Kingdom Come” based on Matthew 6:10: “Your Kingdom Come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” The kingdom of God is the rule and reign of God, and, although it is already present in the world, it is not yet full and perfect. It is a tremendous blessing that God has called us to be His instruments as He advances His Kingdom. Fulfilling our calling to be God’s instruments in this world is not an individual endeavour but a communal activity.
Please join with us in praying “Thy Kingdom Come” as we submit more and more to God’s will and await the consummation of His Kingdom at His second coming.
We ask that you consider OCS when making your year-end donations. Without the spiritual and financial support of our school community, we would not be able to continue our work. Make this the day that you decide to partner with us.
Two easy ways for you to financially support Orangeville Christian School (OCS):
- Send an email transfer to email@example.com.
- Donate now by selecting the following link.
Two easy ways for you to let others know about Orangeville Christian School (OCS):
- Forward this email to family or friends, and ask them to complete the following form to receive important announcements and updates.
- Provide the school office with the addresses of supportive family and friends, and we will be happy to reach out to them.
Orangeville Christian School