A Strategic Plan for the Expansion of OCS
Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
and your dominion endures through all generations.
The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises
and faithful in all he does.
Building a Collaborative Christian School Community
Our Current Needs
- We do not have a library as the library is being used as a classroom.
- Music is being held in the gym. Having a dedicated music room would allow us to have full use of the gym again.
- At this time, students use valuable class time to take washroom breaks as we do not have enough washroom facilities to accommodate all of our students during the recess breaks.
- We do not have a staff room large enough to accommodate our staff.
- We are lacking resource space for EAs to work with students.
- Our kindergarten classrooms are the same size as the other classrooms in the building. Increasing the size of our Kindergarten classrooms will allow for more space for creative activities and centres.
A Six Classroom and Washroom Expansion
- All of the current needs will be met
- Build cost/ft² makes the extra two classrooms cost efficient now
- Extra classrooms provide space for a library, music room, science lab, art space and more
- No change to the plan of single grades JK – 8
- Based on enrollment trends – extends space sufficiency to 240 students if/when needed (excl. portables)
Donation Fundraising Goal: ($2,700,000)
- Donation Counter 78% 78%
A Strategic Plan for the Expansion of Orangeville Christian School
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are we doing an addition?
Today, we have 175 students enrolled in Orangeville Christian School and are continuing to grow! Space is limited, so we are being creative in how we make use of the space we have. With this addition, we can look forward to larger kindergarten classrooms, a library, music/arts space, improved staff community space, more effective resource space, and increased washroom facilities.
Will there be an impact on tuition?
Our goal is that there is no increase in tuition related to the addition, rather that we can fundraise what is required to financially support the construction. Once the building is completed, we anticipate that increased enrollment will enable any incremental carrying costs to be managed.
Will there be an increase in class sizes?
There are no plans to increase maximum class sizes beyond where they are currently.
When will construction start?
Lord willing, we could be in our new classrooms in the second half of the 2024-2025 school year. Breaking ground to support this timeline would likely be in summer 2024.
Will classes be interrupted or relocated during the construction period?
It is our plan that classes will continue at OCS according to our normal schedule/calendar. Construction will be at the north end of the school; the safety of our students, staff, families, and visitors will be a priority as the construction schedule is established.